Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Running to stand still

The last few days have been quiet on the poker front, but when I have played it has been with very mixed results.

Day 7: Full Tilt poker
Starting balance: $185.87

Full Tilt poker. At least that is the network I should have played on as the dial had been firmly turned to monkey tilt. I managed all of 25 $5 SNGs and results were shockingly bad: 1 win, 4 2nds and a 3rd. Heavily fuelled by Jack Daniels I kept chasing my losses before ending an embarrassing session on $149.52. One lesson learned: Stop chasing when drunk.

Day 8: Sobering up
Starting balance: $149.52

Still licking my wounds I only played a handful of $5 SNGs with a 2nd and a 3rd as a result. I finished a quiet day with $144.52

Day 9: En fuego
Starting balance: $144.52

I played 14 $5 SNGs and managed a satisfying 3 wins, a 2nd and 2 3rds. My single attempt at a $3 27-seater SNG ended in a glorious win and my biggest single win of the challenge so far: $30. After a very good day's play I finished with a balance of $191.82

Overall I am raedy to take the next step up. I have been hovering around in the high $180s long enough and am looking forward to finally playing some $10 SNGs and also perhaps being able to play some good MTTs. That said I feel a lot of confidence coming back into my game and so I remain optimistic that I have not reached my ceiling yet. I am still playing today and will report back with results later, but am happy to report that I so far have managed a very modest profit.

Douchebag

No comments:

Post a Comment