Saturday, January 24, 2009

Badger's Blues

Well, there's just not 2 ways about it: this weak has sucked for me.

I had been playing cash games and, even though I am aware of my "leak" at the small stakes tables (calling the big bets on the river...though I'm sure I have many, many leaks!), I still drip-drip-dripped away dineros this week. My stack had dwindled from about $160 to $115 in recent days.

Tonite I switched gears and played a number of SNGs. My sense is that overall I am doing reasonably well--I almost always get to the final third of the tourney, but generally seem to crap out somewhere between there and the final table. Which means I ain't making any $!

Despite placing high in the $ in one SNG, my stack has dwindled to $105. My confidence is lagging--might need to cry on Herr and Douchebag's shoulders. (And, if this keeps up, borrow some $!)

Anyway, I am pretty bummed, but am trying to be philosophical about it: if I am doing this poorly, it means I can (and had better!) make a quantum improvement soon!

Herr and DB, I am all ears if you have some advice on play...or just some words of consolation!

No comments:

Post a Comment