Friday, January 16, 2009

Omaha revisited

Having been stuck at just under $200 for so long I decided to mix it up a little so I went back to that fickle little minx Omaha - with all the crazy swings that comes with it.

Day 10: More status quo
Starting balance: $191.82

Another day with more $5 SNGs. 13 in all, resulting in 2 wins, a 2nd and a 3rd. I also attempted four $3 3-table SNGs and finished 2nd in one. All those SNGs meant a tiny tiny profit of $4 and more frustration in not being able to crack that $200 barrier. I decided to fire up some Omaha, PL $0.12/$0.25 to be precise. In true Omaha style I went through 3 $9 buy-ins in no time. Being stubborn I persisted and the next two buy-ins both finished with me leaving the table under the "10% of your total balance"-rule and overall the Omaha ended in a modest profit of $5.65. That meant a finishing balance of $201.37

Day 11: Nothing but net! (At least until Jack D turned up)
Starting balance: $201.37

It wasn't a busy day, but it was a profitable one. Everything I touched turned to gold with a win in one of only two $5 SNGs, a third place in a $3 3-table SNG, and also cashing in three of my first four attempts at $10 SNGs. I also played 5 Omaha PL $0.12/$0.25 sessions showing a profit in 4 of them and twice falling for the 10%-rule. I had just reached the $300 mark before some late night 'heroics' following a live game and more than a bottle of Jack D resulted in a mild setback. That session included my first rendevouz with badgerblind at a $0.10/$0.25 NLHE table, getting told off in German for not knowing how to play a set and a finishing balance of $284.02. Playing poker when you are $10 and a bottle of Jack Daniels deep and mocking a Kraut is surely something there is room for in the challenge. Very satisfying indeed.

Day 12 is not off to the best of starts but will report back on that later.

1 comment:

  1. You never have to sell a Jew on the virtues of mocking a Kraut.

    Well done all around.

    ReplyDelete