Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another milestone reached

The last few days have been crazy. I have been doing an awful lot of partying and overall I have had about as many bottles of Jack Daniels as I have played SNGs. When I have sat down and played however, results have been positive.

Day 14: Accounting error
Starting balance: $305.76 -> $292.36

The day got off to a rough start with the discovery of an error in my spreadsheet. My true starting balance was only $292.36. I didn't play much, a total of 9 $10 SNGs and one stab at the $4 MTT tournament, but results were very good. I only placed three times in the SNGs, but they were all wins for $45 a pop. I also managed a final table in the MTT for another $25. In the end I finished the day on $349.16

Day 15: Very little action
Starting balance: $349.16

Possibly the most inactive day of the challenge so far. I only managed six $10 SNGs and a single $4 MTT, but cashed in half the SNGs with a breakdown of a win, a 2nd and a 3rd. The MTT ended in more carnage as I crashed out more or less as soon as I had clicked the register button. Embarrassing. I finished the day on a healthy $368.76.

Day 16: Reaching a milestone
Starting balance: $368.76

Clubbing once again kept me from playing all that much, but I did squeeze in 11 $10 SNGs and another $4 MTT stab (and yet another record-breaking quick exit). In the 11 starts I won twice, took 2nd once and had a couple of 3rds to boot. The bottom line was a nice profit once again and a finishing balance of $400.61. Reaching $400 so soon in the challenge is very pleasing and makes me wonder where this can take me. I think it is time to come up with a business plan. My fellow blogger Badger has more or less spent his projected 2009 winnings already and yet I am stuck here aimlessly winning. My 2009 business plan will follow.

Douchebag

1 comment:

  1. BB, remind me:

    Why exactly did we invite this Douchebag to join us?

    ReplyDelete