Saturday, February 7, 2009

Out of the slump?

That was a long night of poker, but hopefully also a turning point for me. That said it is always so much easier in the weekend. All the weekend-players are out in full force, and a quick sharkscoping of a table during the week vs on the weekend (in Europe/US prime time that is) will show that. A quick scope on a weekday at the wrong hours will show a table full of sharks and people playing pro or semi-pro - not what you want.

Anyway, a couple of days with countless $20 SNGs and I have grinded my way back up to $733.37.

I would also love to be able to say that I am getting closer to solving my mental block that causes these silly swings in my form. Of course poker is a game of variance and you run both good and bad. Today I ran very neutral, but I played much better. Can I pin point what I do differently when I win? Sort of, but can I emulate it when things are not going well? That remains to be seen. This is, and has been for years, my big challenge. I need to find some sort of reset button in my head that erases all the bad beats, the lost coinflips and the scars from 4th places. A way to forget the last game and just play 'my game'. Some sort of method to recalibrate. Sounds a lot like monkey tilt I suppose, but my 'tilt' seems to force me in to caution (and ultimately failure) as opposed to 'classic tilt' with recklessness and spewing chips.

For now just happy to have broken the streak and regained some confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment